Happy Monday Brown Sisters..
Hope all is well and that you’re amped for the Holiday Season. Can you believe that Christmas is only three days away..? But after the big “gift giving” day there’s reflecting on 2008 and then thinking about how big we want 2009 to be. GT believes that 2009 can be as great as we want it to be even with the financial news that things aren’t going so well. We may not even be able to control our jobs but we can control how we live and what we surround ourselves with…here’s some thoughts…
1. Fix anything that’s broken or toss it.
2. Surround yourself with the things that you absolutely love only. Become a ruthless editor.
3. Buy a plant or fresh flowers.
4. Create a space for everything. This means good storage solutions. You can go to the container store, Bed Bath and Beyond, or the Salvation Army. Beautiful objects should be seen; not collecting dust.
5. Forget Twitter; have friends and family over more often and get back into the habit of face to face communication.
6. Create a life list. Make it believable by exploring your options and your hearts desires.
7. And GT is bad at this herself; but learning how to do one thing at a time is a goal that I’ve set for myself this year. Multi-tasking can drive you crazy cause you’re constantly splitting yourself which leads to stress.
8. Leave your desk clean when you leave the office. You’ll be surprised at how much of a good mood this will put you in.
Sistas we can own our power by how we treat ourselves. And we have the opportunity to create our own happiness every day. Don’t let anyone tell you different! Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy Kwanzaa.. Brown Sistas and Gents…Let’s make 2009 a better year. Hugs and Smooches. GT.
Name one thing you’ll make better for 2009?