Happy Monday Brown Sisters.
By now many of you have ditched the most requested New Year’s Resolution: losing weight. We promise ourselves that we’ll put ourselves first, that we’ll fit into that magic number and that we’ll stop snacking. But sistas. We need more than will power. We need a fresh and new approach to being a size healthy that has nothing to do with capital punishment. Know this: diets don’t work and starving yourself does not=happiness. Here’s Get Togetha’s 9 Ways on becoming better you.
- First things first. Work with what you have and stop comparing. If we had access to the team of stylists, dietitians, personal chefs, hair stylists, personal trainers, with the added power of the airbrush we would look picture perfect too. Stop using other people as a measuring stick.
- Drink water. Water is one of the best things you can do for your body. Period.
- Learn Portion Control. A whole bag of anything can’t be good. Unless its broccoli.
- Crunch Power. A strong midsection gives us confidence. Do them daily.
- Journal. Under your skin is a variety of emotions & thoughts. Write down your thoughts so they can have another home.
- Destress. It will take time but learn how to say no. It’s not selfish to put your well being first.
- Get your body moving. Walk. Dance. Stretch with Yoga. Pilates. And make it someting you enjoy.
- Eat in Color and Cut out the white stuff. An apple, carrot sticks, grapes, pears, spinach, or salad. Treat the white stuff like its poison.
- Clutter. Get Rid of it. Health is about more than your dress size. The quality of your health is about your surroundings as well.
Losing weight and being fit take daily commitment. It all starts with baby steps. And if you’re gonna commit to somebody it might as well be you. Have questions or a lifestyle topic you want to explore? Contact Get Togetha here.