While a flawless complexion is priceless, there’s no need to break the bank. Let healthy skin start at home with a nourishing bi-monthly treatment. This at-home-skin-care routine will be an important step toward a radiant complexion like Thandie Newton’s.
– Tea kettle
– Ground flaxseeds
1. Cleanse – skin should be free of makeup. Milky formulas work for dry skin, while gels and foams are ideal for normal to oily skin.
2. Steam – let the steam from a boiling tea kettle soften dead skin cells. Warning! Stay a few feet away so you don’t get burned.
3. Exfoliate – sloughing away dead skin cells creates a healthy glow and allows creams and serums to penetrate better. Choose a gentle formula with spherical beads or whip up your own (recipe below).
4. Hydrate – replenish skin with a mask. Mash 2 tbsp. avocado with 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds. Let it sit 5 to 10 minutes before applying.
Skin Care Expert, Ling Chan’s Face Saver:
– The secret to glowing skin is in your kitchen — rice. It can be your skin’s cure-all. Rice is a centuries-old Chinese purifying remedy. For an amazing exfoliator, soak a half cup of uncooked rice with a half cup of water in the blender. Add a few drops of lemon to treat hyperpigmentation or acne, and egg white for a firming effect or honey for dryness. Grind. Apply to face. Let it sit for 10 minutes or until dry.
Beauty Expert, Kate Somerville’s Extraction Advice:
– If you are going to pop a pimple (against expert advice), here’s the right way. Wrap both index fingers in clean tissue and apply gentle pressure to the blemish. Disinfect the are with a dab of witch haxel.