GT knows you’ve heard this a zillion times by now but Happy New Year Brown Sistas! 2009 is going to be so great! I can just feel it in my bones. We have so much to be grateful for and work to do!
If you have a pulse then you can’t escape listmania or the buzzing of New Year’s Resolutions. But here’s a spin: Get Togetha’s Top Ten things you can do differently for your home and for yourself in the 09.
- Stop taking yourself seriously. We all evolve and grow at our own pace.
- Make something your own. Have a signature style; and rock it. I’m a fan of a big chunky ring.
- Stop comparing your life to other people’s lives. Live Ya Life!
- Fix all things broken or throw away. Broken things carry bad karma.
- Friends can replace negative family members. Blood is thicker than water; but friends make life bearable.
- Declutter to stop living in a hot mess; not because Get Togetha says so.
- Entertain at home more. Forget expensive cocktails at the bar and two drink minimums.
- Get a business/personal card and stop writing your number on napkins.
- Drop your loser boyfriend. Immediately. Time wasted is money spent. LOL.
- Donate all books that you don’t read or not interested in. No. You won’t read them someday.
- Splurge on a set of nice sheets. 300 thread count and up.
When we do things differently instead of following the crowd; we are happier. And as always Get Togetha attempts to bring you the best in home decor, inspired living and lifestyle ideas. What are some things that you’ll do differently for the 09?