I love “laid-back” looks. One way to spice them up, of course, is to throw on a nice pair of heels. But, to make the look “official”, wear a bright colored jacket, with an all black ensemble. The contrast that the burst of color creates, helps you to make an amazing statement, and keep your outfit from looking dead.
* Bright jackets can also, of course, be worn with pieces besides black, but keep the “wow factor” at a minimum, since a jacket is such a large part of the outfit.
* Finish your outfit off with pieces like these, that will still look great, after the jacket is removed.
Skinny jeans are an amazing trend, that look great on any size. They give the outfit a more feminine, sexier look.
* Plus size: pair your skinnies with a flowy top, like the one on the model. Baby-doll tops, and tunic tees also go great with these jeans — just make sure you get a nice size, because the bigger, the bulkier, and that we don’t want! Adding a pair of pumps to the mix never hurts.
High-heeled MJ’s are one of Fall ’08s hottest shoe trends! Whether you get a plain pair like Solange’s, or an edgy buckled pair (top), these heels come off boldly glamorous!
Menswear-inspired pieces are a major part of fashion. And, fitted blazers give women a chance to be more versatile, yet still look feminine.
* For a more stylish look, roll the sleeves up and rock it with a fitted tee, like Jada.
Elise has got it all right in this belted BeBe dress. Pairing a belted dress with dark, opaque stockings and matching accessories looks both, conservative and stylish.
* I recommend a smaller belt, rather than a large one, with a huge buckle!
I don’t think these will ever go out of style. Especially now, when the “edgy-look” is in. Motorcyle jackets go well with everything from flats to pumps, and boots to sneakers — so don’t limit yourself to one look.
* Motorcycle jackets are great “everyday” jackets. Pair them with a chic scarf, for the fall.
Black jeans are a definite wardrobe staple, but I hate how rare it is to find them. You have to spend way too much for just one pair, so stock up on your Woolite detergent!