The most anticipated international shopping extravaganza is back, and it promises to be even more inspiring, immensely stylish, and impressive than ever before. Yes, we are talking about the 2010 edition of Fashion’s Night Out! This year, designers, actors, models, and musicians, will all come together in NYC to celebrate fashion at its best. There will be performances, partying, and of course, non stop shopping!
Last year thousands of New Yorkers attended the event, which gave retail a much needed boost. There were about 700 retailers involved, and about 75% of attendees purchased something according to marketing research. The brain behind FNO Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour, was quite impressed with the outcome, she explained “We were absolutely bowled over by the response to Fashion’s Night Out. It was only 15 minutes after the event began, and we were getting reports about lines around the block at stores throughout the city. It was wonderful to see people embrace this initiative, and we are thrilled that they wish it to return.”
This year there will be over 1000 participants, and retail stores across from the five boroughs in New York City will stay open until 11 p.m. The stores will offer a wide selection of in-store promotions, and discounts. From the looks of the announced affairs taking place, it will unquestionably be a fashion crime not to attend! Here’s a list events that you can’t miss:
1. Largest Public fashion show in NYC history: Over 200 top models, 1,500 random tickets being sold, and top designers handpicked by Vogue editors, describes the public fashion show being held this year. Tickets for the show will be available at the Lincoln Center box office.
2. Barneys New York with your favorite Twins and designers: Barneys will be hosting a Karaoke contest which will be judged by none other than Mary-Kate, and Ashley Olsen, with help from the men of Proenza Schouler. This will be held at 660 Madison Ave.
3. Chanel to debut three hot nail colors: The always fabulous Chanel has listened to the people, and come out with three new Les Khakis de Chanel Collection of nail polishes! Creative director, Peter Phillips has created the line exclusively for FNO, which come in three different tones, rose, brown, and green. Find each $25 bottle in any Chanel boutique, or at Chanel.com Get your nails did at 139 Spring Street in NYC SOHO neighborhood
4. Get to die for style: Stylist extraordinaire Rachel Zoe will be at Piperline pop-up, to give hands on advice, on personal style. This will take place at 93 Mercer Street.
5. Party with DJ Cassidy: Designer Tory Burch is hosting a block party at her boutique in the Meatpacking District. DJ Cassidy will be spinning your favorite tunes, and Shake Shack will be whipping up all the goods. This will take place at 38-40 Little West 12th Street.
The great thing about FNO is that it gives consumers an accessible way to participate during Fashion Week.
Make sure to check out all of Fashion’s Night Out celebrations on September 10th , and for those who can’t make it, tune into the CBS Television Network, which is airing a behind the scenes primetime special, about the event on September 14th, at 10-11:00 PM ET/PT.
Images from last year’s successful shopping event, below…