Get Togetha thinks the word “intimacy” scares the BeJesus out of sistas cause its something that is so lacking in our everyday lives. Where did we go wrong in admitting that we need love just as much as any other human being? Women thrive on intimacy! It makes us feel alive and its how bonds are created. We hate feeling like we’re being used for that three letter word, we crave romance and don’t wanna always have to give up some booty to get it in the end. Examples of love are all around us but the truth of the matter is that it takes behind the scene’s work to make it last. Here’s 13 Get Togetha’s living tips on bringing back the art intimacy. Be forewarned. Some tips are controversial.
- Slow dance with your man. Remember that Love Jones scene where they slow danced?
- Wear heels. Men love heels. And I don’t care what you think.
- A foot rub. A scalp rub. A back rub. Or all three.
- Have him give you a pedicure and paint your toenails. Red.
- Have him read you your favorite poem.
- Tell him to write you a love letter.
- Have him cook you dinner with an apron on.
- Have him pour you a glass of champagne or wine.
- Whisper conversation in each other’s ear by candle light.
- Stare into each others eyes for a minute and a half. It will seem like an eternity.
- A long walk holding hands is priceless.
- Stop having sex. Yeah said it. Sometimes the best remedy is to stop having sex and become friends again. Sex doesn’t not equal intimacy. Sex can be a part of intimacy. Please don’t confuse the two.
Throw your comment in the box and add your 2 cents.