Over the years my ears have heard lots of advice and have received probably more words of wisdom than I’ve been able to really take in. I’ve had tons of takeaways, both good and bad. Sometimes I’ve walked away feeling inspired, hopeful and eager to act on that advice and other times I’ve laughed some off – thinking I’m probably the exception to that advice. Well, year-by-year I’m beginning to realize that people weren’t pulling some of that advice out of their hat, “this ish right here” is real. LOL. Life happens and none of us are any exceptions.
So we’re raising a glass to all of the mom’s and acting moms, all of their friends and the random people we’ve come across over the years. Here’s to some of the advice they’ve passed along that probably went over our heads…until the years and weight and ex’s started stacking up.
- That flat stomach won’t last forever.
- The older you get, the less that dairy is going to agree with you.
- You’re first love probably isn’t your last.
- [You’re first time] You’ll look back and say I could have waited a little longer.
- What’s the rush? You have the rest of your life for responsibilities.
- Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.
- College is the best years of your life, after that you’ll meet the real world.
- Keep going, once you take a break, you may never go back.
- Never tell your friends all of your business; it’ll come back at some point.
- All of your friends won’t always be all of your friends.
So what say you? What advice did you hear when you were younger and as you got older you had an Oprah’s “Ah-ha” moment?