Many of you sistas have written to me about solving your clutter issues. GT hears you and this week you’ll get answers. But GT wants to first start off by saying that a messy house and clutter are not one and the same. A mess can be cleaned up quickly. Clutter on the other hand is emotional baggage. Some baggage is light and some heavy heavy. But that’s for another post.
With that said here are some clutter bug tips to get you started:
- Clear out your Cyber clutter. Clear your desktop icons. Get rid of old Word and Excel Files and empty your Recyling Bin. Organize your e-mail.
- Clean out a drawer or three. Your toenail clipper and an old sock should not be in the same drawer as your cutlery, post it notes and your beloved Jagged Edge CD. GT’s not talking to you of course.
- Clean out your wallet. Shred over the limit and abused credit cards, tear up those receipts to the drugstore, and put your change in a jar or your kid’s piggy bank. Trust. This alone will unwind you.
- Write it down. People say they write things down; cause it sounds good to say so. But truthfully many of us don’t and that’s why wer’e scatterbrains. Commit to writing things down and you’ll get a whole lot more off your mind and on where it belongs: on paper.
- Open your mail. And if you don’t have one; buy a shredder. It’s a quality investment cause it saves you time. If you’re afraid of creditors; they will keep writing; even if you leave the country. So be proactive. Call them and set up a plan. To opt out of junk mail click here.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet. This one is fun and easy. Old nail polish, old makeup, cheap-fix perfume, eyelash glue, hair products that didn’t quite work out…all trash. Keep only what you love.