“We spend January 1, walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance this list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives, not looking for flaws, but for potential.” – Ellen Goodman
Here we are in a New Year and while some of us got it, many of us are still looking to get it, get it together and get it right. I believe that when we dwell on our potential instead of our problems, we increase our chances of getting to the greatness that we expect of and for ourselves. A lot easier said than done right? Right. But to help, I’ve outlined a few steps that might get you to a more positive and purpose-driven life in 2011.
- Revisit Your Old Self – Take a trip back to a time when you were in love with yourself and when you were least affected by the realities of life. Extract that great part of who you were and put that back into whom you are now.
- Release Your Regrets – You cannot edit and altar your past so let it go. The power of forgiveness is so incredible that is has proven to lead to an all-around healthier life.
- Relish In Your Good – Despite what you or others believe, I’m willing to bet that you’ve had some good moments and you’ve done some good things. Stop wasting your life focusing on what you’ve done wrong, pat yourself on the back and push yourself forward.
- Reinvent Your Current Self- If Diddy can do it so can you! Change what people know you for if it’s not what you want to be known for. If people can’t respect your evolution, then they don’t need to transition with you to the new you.
- Realize the New You – When I was a child, I thought as one. Well you’re not a child anymore and once you accept and realize that you define what you stand for than nothing else matters.
- Represent- Whatever happens in 2011, DO YOU and look good/live good doing it!
It’s a New Year, a new day, a new opportunity and chance to start over. Look back as long as you know the real story is in moving forward.