Will Smith in “The Pursuit of Happyness”
After reading all your comments I thought this would be appropriate to discuss.
The Wet Mop Syndrome: A condition of mind rot where some people believe that person’s outside of themselves are responsible for their unhappiness. Usually the wet mopper converses with other wet moppers or other sounding boards to get their endless points across. Synonyms for wet moppers are: blame shifters, consistent complainers, gripers, and unfounded scathing criticism.
No shame here. GT was most definitely a wet mopper and the most saltiest of haters. When I decided to tell myself the truth I asked myself the following questions:
- Do I want a life of endless could’ve, would’ve, should’ves?
- How many opportunities have I blown simply because I was not prepared for them?
- How long will I blame others for my unhappiness? A year? Five? Ten? Twenty years?
- How many years am I willing to wait before I take action?
- Am I afraid that people will see me as I truly believe myself to be which is inadequate?
- Will blaming others get me what I want? Or will it keep me right where I’m at?
As the Brown Sista Lifestyle Writer GT is here to tell you that you could have all the reasons in the world why you can’t have, do or be what you want. But when the smoke clears, and life progresses on, you will be the one who feels the rub of your own inaction.
When in need…Rinse and Repeat those questions as often as necessary.
Number 2 rings the alarm for GT. Which question resonates with you most?